Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1102
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I cant install my HP LaserJet P1102 in Windows 10. The computer finds the printer with the USB connection but when I try to install the setup.exe file, nothing happens and the screen i just "frozen".  Anyone here know why? I also tried to download the driver from HPs homepage but this program do not even find my device. 

Kind regards, 

Johan

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Johanswe1

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet P1102 printer. I read that the printer does not get installed on your Win10 computer. Not to worry, I'll do my best to assist you with this case. 

NOTE: If you're going to connect the printer via USB, then do not connect it initially. Begin the installation first and later there will be a prompt to connect the printer. That's when you may connect the printer.

If the printer still does not get installed then please perform the following steps to uninstall any existing printer drivers from the root level:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I tried that and it still doesnt work. the driver will extract but once is done, it doesnt move/ start installing 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Driver installer extracting and then nothing.

OS Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

I download the package, open it, it extracts and then nothing happens...tried several times.

HP Recommended

I believe I plugged the printer into the USB port and it loaded the drivers in my new Dell Inspiron Win10 Pro computer.  But there was a "Driver Error" msg and the low toner msg did not come up (it is low).   I ran HP Print & Scan Dr (HPPSDr.exe. it fixed my HP Scanjet 8600), said there was an update and fixed it, but it did not.  I know that I just connected the HP1100 wirelessly to my Dell XPS12 (Win10 Home) a few weeks ago and a "G" drive showed up and I ran it and it seems to work OK.  In frustration I called Dell Support who remoted in, messed around for 2+ hours and still no fix.  He did load the drivers off the orignal CD and now they are all there (2010 versions).  Look for  hp_LJP_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20120831-50153036_SMO.exe it should create C:\LJP1100_1560_1600 Full solutions.  Also there should be 17 individual files (plus a bunch of folders) in C:\Windows\system 32\DriverStore\FileRepository.  I know this is not much help but maybe there is a clue in here.   BTW, the Dell CSR said there was an incompatibiltiy between thsi old printer and Win10 Pro.  Not sure I believe him.  Tempted to run HPPSDr.exe to see if it fixes it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Open File Explorer (the folder icon on the taskbar) and click on This PC from the left pane, then click on drive C.

Open the LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution folder and double click the HpSetup.exe file, that would launch the installation screen.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Somehow -and I did not change anything - the low toner pop up starting appearing.  The HP1102w now appear in Device Mgr with the ability to "update drivers" if I recall correctly.  I also installed HP update with 1 week intervals so I am going to wait for that and see if anythign happens.  Since it now appears to be working I am reluctant to change anything.

HP Recommended

Perfect solution! Problem resolved in less than 3 mins. Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Thank You SO MUCH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.