Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am past frustrated with this printer. For many years I have been using HP printers but regret this purchase as everything from setup to getting it to work to user friendliness scaling display has been an issue.

I need to be able to scan an editable PDF or word as I need to be able to scan documents that's in another language to translate it online. Previously I could scan a document and the drop down boxes gave me all options on my old Officejet. Now I am forced to work through the hp smart app which only allow photo or basic pdf as options, then I cannot copy the text in the pdf. How can I scan OCR or at least be able to copy the text from a pdf(old scanning I could select searchable pdf on scan and it works perfect).

Now I want to look at the settings but my printer display is locked at a page saying hp instant in can be ordered and you cant click ok, that screens stays locked. if I open the app and click in help and support a French page pops up and I don't understand anything. If I manually try to install downloaded drivers for the printer the setup hangs at a point and does not continue. Can anyone please help and let me know how to scan OCR or searchable pdf? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I  have the same problem. Bought 2 HP printers OfficeJet Pro 9014 and both have the same problem. When ink gets low it shows a message on the display and I can't use the display anymore, it is locked with this message. There is an OK-button but the display doesn't respond. Without the display I can't make a quick copy or use the display for anything to scan or print. I am forced to use the crappy HP smart app on a computer. I hat the 8025 printers before and they worked great but the 90-series looks and feels much cheaper and has not the quality I expected from HP. It looks like HP needs to save money and the saved on everything with 90-series. I am really disappointed.

HP Recommended

You sum it up perfectly. Crappy printer money wasted at a time I really cant

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.