Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8024e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I was connected but recently when trying to print a document 'printer offline' appears. I cannot connect the printer having tried everything that I know (which is very little)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Get a network report as described on page 31

See if the printer is online and is in the same subnet as your PC.  I assume you are using the modem and not WiFi direct to the PC and you do NOT have a flex system (multiple WiFi boosters)

Report may look like the following.  The PINs and Passwords should show up. Here is the important stuff from a typical printer report. The password shown in WiFi can be the printers PIN or the modem's password depending on how you connected to the modem. The printer can have two bands but the only one that is connected will show up.

LANSTATUSIP addressSSIDPassword
WiFienabled192.168.1.15ATT-ARRIS-2 .4GuessAgain
WiFi-directenabled192.168.23.1DIRECT-WHATEVERBadGuess
Wireddisabled   
USBdisabled  

Verify that your PC in in the same subnet  "192.168.1"

Using the windows command prompt, copy and paste the following into the CMD window

ipconfig | find /i "ipv4"

should look something like the below

BeemerBiker_0-1715360492733.png

If the printer and the PC are in the same subnet then it is likely the IP address of the printer changed from what the PC expected.

let me know what you find.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.