Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why should I spend 5 times the cost for a HP Cartridge When I own the Printer and am not interested in maintaining a warranty that has expired. Need a Fix.. They have provided a fix for other Models... If no fix I will never Buy a HP Product Ever Again.

Nancy Pezzi
42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended

couldn't agree more, I have the same issue with my Laser Jet Pro M254dw.

For our data centres and my customer projects I will never ever support procurement of HP equipment anymore in case that issue will not be fixed immediately.

HP Recommended

I agree whole heartedly, HP just lost a customer

HP Recommended

I need the same solution for a different reason. With this firmware upgrade, my printer won’t communicate via WiFi. It keeps giving me an error message and restarting on its own. I can print via usb but not WiFi. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I will never again by an HP product. 

HP Recommended

Is there a fix for this? I cannot print

HP Recommended

This just happened to me today when my printer auto updated. Any fix yet?

HP Recommended

do you still have the issue? Please feel free to contact me on xing (Herbert Meschede).

HP will block any attempt to support via this channel

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I just did this tonight and it worked. Follow his instructions 

https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comments/jpgpp3/hp_laserjet_pro_m280_m281_printer_series_20200612/...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.