Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Please can I have the instructions for a factory reset on the 7740 as all setting are locked.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Poppy60

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you want to reset the printer, I am glad to assist you.

You might have to perform a semi-full reset on the printer to fix this issue.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

how do i get the instructions to do a factory reset on my printer?  these responses are useless because they all show the user is sent an email but none of them provide instructions or a link to do it for the specific printer shown in the messages....  How is it possible that HP does not provide these instructions to all printer owners?

HP Recommended

Hi @ChannelChick,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

May I have the exact product name and number? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

the link you provided is not valid. It directs me to a 404 page. please provide the instructions for a factory reset for HP 7740, thank you

HP Recommended

i did not receive the private message you stated that you sent.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.