Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sorry guys, but I am finally completely out of solutions.

Tried all the steps I could find on HP support page, and also other internet pages, to no avail.

Lost hours and hours trying to locate the problem, to no avail.

Black won't print, no matter what. It is like the printer has some strange secret command not to print black. It was fine a few days ago, then it suddenly stopped printing black without reason. I changed the cartridge with a new genuine 903XL cartridge, still to no avail.

Updated all HP software, uninstalled and installed genuine software (several times), did the same with drivers, printed endless pages for alignment, used the clean smear option (there was not any smear), cleaned print-head several times (they are clean), lost almost half of my new ink genuine set during many cleanup attempts , also black cartridge seems half now (even though the printer is NOT printing black)!

It all screams like some weird software issue.

What is going on, the printer is not very old, somehow three years old. It use to work perfectly a few days ago!

This is very frustrating.

Any solutions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@skata

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

If you have already performed all the steps in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05076934, please contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

120 euros to buy the printer

80 euros for the ink

80 more euros for new ink, since while I tried to fix the issue ink cartridges got empty, due to cleaning procedures

10 euros printer paper

5 euros kitchen paper towel

400 euros for 40 hours of my valuable time, spent trying to fix the issue

150 euros for service the printer (at least)

TOTAL 845 euros - and the BLACK INK IS STILL NOT PRINTING

Sorry guys, but this is not funny.

In your advertisement you say "easy print at home, for only 80 euros"

You didn't mention anything about I must be an experienced IT professional or a multimillionaire or both, in order to just print some pages.

You tell me what to do.

I definitely demand a new printer including inks, both free of charge, including free delivery, as it is the only acceptable solution.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

No hard feelings.

HP Recommended

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally, I tried this risky way for the first time:

I washed the black print head with almost half a liter hot (not just warm) distillate water, where I added alcohol of 95 degrees (about 10%), I repeated the procedure about 20 times, using a 20 ml syringe and half a roll of kitchen paper towels, two sheets at a time, which I folded and placed carefully under the print head. Pressing the hot water plus alcohol thru the syringe to the black print head, the paper towels under the print head came out lesser dirtier with black ink after each cleaning cycles. Printer was off and out of the electricity plug the whole time. After each procedure, I wiped carefully the remaining water with paper towels. After the 20th cycle, I left the printer lid wide open for 24 hours, in order to get all parts of the mechanism dry as good as possible. Then I placed the old ink cartridges, which I had in a kitchen-food plastic bag the whole time, in order to protect them from drying out. I plugged the electricity cable into the outlet, started the printer on and printed a few pages. The first 10 pages came out quite wet in some points - I assume there was some remaining of water somewhere in the mechanism, but now the printer prints again like before. This whole procedure took me about 4 hours to complete.

I want to apologize for my harsh tone in the previous message, due to frustration after all the failed attempts.

Still, I have spent almost all of my ink due the endless print head cleaning procedures, so I would very much appreciate if you would send me a new free-of-charge package of black-cyan-magenta-yellow inks, in order to replace the almost-empty ones.

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.