Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 7155 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer will not print from my ASUS V230iC all-in-one computer.  Although it will print from my HP 410-010 computer, and my windows Surface, and my Ipod touch. Printing wirelessly and all of them are connected. My old Epson printer worked fine with the ASUS.  I had an HP tech on the messagner thing last week, and gave him permission to enter my computer so he could make short work of it! About an hour later after a lot of work He Dissaipeared and left the line open - then his supervisor got on and said wait - then he tried to contact the fella on line and by phone with no luck?????  After another 15 minutes I loged off. I think the fella must have had a breakdown?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hello again.  I thought I lost this connection.  Thanks for the fast reply. A lot of water has gone over the falls since I started this.  I followed your directions as best as I could, Scan doctor did find an error (32). Every instal I tried didn't work, I turned off the firewall, but didn't help.  I tried using the USB cord, no go.  I have it plugged in right now and it is working? In the control pannel there are 2 diffirent pictures of an ENVY 7100 printer - one is exactly like mine, but the other is a big monster of  a thing??  Well, just for thr heck of it I used the big one and it worked?  Right now I don't dare unplug the USB cable?    Some added information that I didn't have orriginally is that my previous , Epson printer did work with this computer, and I have since installed it on my small HP computer in the living room with NO problems, and installed it on my Ipod touch with NO problem, and then I installed it on my Windows Surface tablet and it also worked fine?? I am going to unplug the USB right now and see what happins?  

Well - it worked!  So I guess I am good to go. Time will tell it the scanner works?  We won't bother weith that right now. 

How do I give you a bunch of kudos?  I guess that is what you call thankyous.   Thanks again.   Ron    

HP Recommended

Hi @RonFF,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.