Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I agree 100%.  I have always been an avid HP owner, but not after this!  Every printer I've ever owned has been an HP and I have been very pleased with all of them.  I really enjoyed the one that I now own, but I'm stuck now with new ink cartridges that won't work.  I feel that if I were to replace it with another HP, I'll have it done again.  I don't  trust HP printers anymore!

HP Recommended

ThomasB2,

Thank you for your post, I wish I had taken the time to read it before purchasing my OfficeJet Pro 6978.

I will be calling HP today, and I will be letting them know I will be returning this useless printer to Staples, probably later today.  Breaking quarantine, because it annoys me so much,  I swear I will walk out with a printer NOT made by HP.   I live in Corvallis, Oregon, where the Inkjets were originally developed.    There is no love loss for HP.

[edit]

HP Recommended

I got it to work by downloading this firmware.

https://www.ldproducts.com/firmware-downgrade

But I recommend returning the printer and buying anything that does not have HP on the label.

HP Recommended

Hi WideBody2, thanks for the link, I did install the old firmware from the LDProducts website.  However right after the printer down loaded the most current version and reinstalled.  I then went into settings and turned off the ability for online update and then installed the old firmware again.   Hope this works, since I have LDProducts ink and have used it before with good success.

This printer is a nightmare, between clogging of the heads and the ink problem I wish I had bought something else

HP Recommended

I agree can't use vendor cartridges is a hassle since I use 1 set a year. I will never by another HP unit for as long as I live. I do hope others read this and totally understand my position before buying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.