Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am having this same issue, but with my 2019 MacBook Air. I just installed the MacBook Air updates and was made to delete my HP printing software after the update finished and when I reinstalled it, nothing will print and I keep getting that notice. I'm hoping this will be fixed soon.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with an OfficeJet 4500 G510n. I've installed the new drivers and still getting  the same message. Please fix this HP.

HP Recommended

I need help!!!  I have tried everything, de-installing & re-installing printer, downloading drivers and installing (takes forever) 3 times each.  I am on latest version MACOS Catalina 10.15.7, and still getting same errors "stopped-filter failed"...

What is the fix please?  Is this on MAC side or HP side?  Anyone else trying a different tactic?

HP Recommended

Same problem. Running Catalina 10.15.7. Trying to use my dependable (and old) HP OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One (7400 series). Reset printing system. Downloaded and installed latest HP drivers. Added the printer back again (both via USB and wireless). Still getting the same error message:

One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software.

This is extremely frustrating. The problem only showed up today (haven't tried to print for a while). Please help!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  My printer is an HP Photosmart C6250.  It worked on Oct. 22 2020 and did not work on Oct 23 2020.  I've reinstalled the drivers, twice.  That did not work.  I need to print.  Please help!!

HP Recommended

I tried this with my HP Photosmart C6250, did NOT work.

HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If the link comes up blank, try right clicking and saving it. If you install this package and still have trouble, try uninstalling your printer and reinstalling by going through Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners.

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

HP Recommended

Bryancustompure......I could hug you through the screen. It worked!!!! Downloading the new driver did not work by itself. Once I clicked on this link.. it worked. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Same problem as well as 2 dozen or more other users.    What happen?

HP Recommended

HP asked Apple to revoke the certification for the drivers. So, in a security update, they did just that. HP didn't realize it would nuke practically every Mac user using an HP printer and were totally unprepared.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.