Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 477dw Multifunction Printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

When I launch HP Smart, it will literally take 3-4 minutes to scroll through my devices. Why doesn't HP Smart allow me to see a list of previously used/recognized printers and then click on the printer I want to use...THEN the software can verify a connection. Yes, I've reinstalled the software but as I suspected, that didn't help. 

Am I the only one who is frustrated with what seems to be a poorly designed piece of software? Does anyone have some advice, or shared experience?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have the same problem - HP Tower is only 2 years old and runs LARGE apps with no problem.  Maybe HP can at least give us a progress bar, detailed status probably too much.  Other apps at least tell us to 'Please Wait, Loading' or something.

HP Recommended

I was finally able to get an advanced HP support on the phone. He admitted that HP Smart has some performance issues. I told him that I am forced to "log-in" to my HP account just to scan with my own printer! And that the program cycles through each printer individually, taking up to 3-5 minutes to get to the printer I want to use to scan. His advice was to download HP Easyscan and to use that instead of HP Smart.

Doing this has improved my life 100%!! It's a shame that an HP support person couldn't have responded to my message here. Three is no doubt that HP support quality has waned significantly over the past 20 years. But at least I was able to connect with someone at HP who listened first, didn't make excuses, and tried to give me a workable solution...which indeed worked. He made me feel like a valued customer, which was certainly a new feeling for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.