Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Other

HP deskjet 4152e printer wont print in color.  I've tried downloading driver update.  came back as no driver updates.  what do I do now.  I. use macbook pro sonoma 14.4.1

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DCCBDM,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the printer not printing in color. 

If you are not finding drivers, then this could be a compatibility issue. 

Check if this printer works fine with the different OS. 

However, Perform the following tasks in the order given. Use the printer after each task to see if the issue is resolved.

Clean the printhead (HP Smart app)

• Use the HP Smart app to clean the printhead and fix many print quality issues including incorrect colors, streaks, and faded printouts.
  • Load plain white paper into the tray.
  • Open the HP Smart app, and then click the image of your printer to open the settings and management tools.
  • Under Tools, click Print Quality Tools, and then select Clean Printhead or Clean.
  • A Cleaning printhead message displays, and a test page prints.

EXAMPLE OF TEST PAGE PRINTOUTS

Examples of a test page

• Examine the print quality on the test page.
  • If the print quality is acceptable, you are done troubleshooting.
  • If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Yes in the HP Smart app to perform a second-level and third-level cleaning, which are more thorough and take a few extra minutes to complete.
  • NOTE: Printheads that are badly clogged might require another printhead cleaning cycle. Wait at least 30 minutes before cleaning the printhead again.

Click here for the remaining steps. 

If this does not help, you may have to contact phone support for further assistance. 

Hope this helps

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.