Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8139e Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have installed an HP OfficeJet Pro 8139e to my 64 bit Win 10 WiFi network.  Now I am trying to install our Win 7-64 bit systems to the network on that printer.  Our OfficeJet Pro 8710 works fine on all systems.  Now I want the 8139e to do the same.  How do I download drivers for the Win 7 systems without going through HP Smart?  Thank you. Bill Gray

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BillDory 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Open Category Software & Drivers

Adjust the Operating System / Version

Open all

==================================

If using a printer USB cable between the printer and the computer, disconnect the cable before installing the printer software.  Connect the cable when instructed to do so, near the end of the installation procedure.

Details Page - Driver - For your Printer

>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download / Save / (then) Install <<<

HP OfficeJet Pro 8130 series EasyStart Printer Setup Software - Offline Use Only 

If asked, opt for the Full Driver to be installed.

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and sign in. 

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

The installation of the full driver generally adds at least one, possibly two shortcuts to the Desktop.

Note:  Printer Assistant, HP Scan Assistant, and HP Scan are dependent on printer model and supported software options.

Printer Assistant 

HP Scan Assistant

HP Scan 

Printer Assistant shortcut > Tab Scan > Manage Scan to Computer > Enable

Or

HP Scan Assistant shortcut > Manage Scan to Computer > Enable

HP_Scan_Assistant_1HP_Scan_Assistant_1

=== --- === --- === --- === --- ===

References / Resources

Example - EWS

EWS_9135_Home_Supplies_1EWS_9135_Home_Supplies_1

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

HP OfficeJet Pro 8139e All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.