Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
D2135 AI0
Help me i cannot print my documents because of the (error-printing) and i'm trying to fix it but unsuccesful. Show me the right step to fix this problem.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Lily12, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you print from your printer you are getting error printing message.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

Is your printer connected by wired or wireless connection?

As you mentioned when you print from your printer you are getting error printing message.

Please provide the operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.

4. Turn off the computer.

5. Wait for 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.

7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready

8. Turn the computer back on.

9. Wait for the computer to reload

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

11. Turn the printer back on.

Try printing a Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.
Load U.S. Letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper into the input tray.
Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.
The HP Printer Assistant software opens.
On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Maintain Your Printer.
Click the Device Reports tab, and then click Print Diagnostic Information ().

Also, Try uninstalling the printer drivers from root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software. (Windows Only)

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Update the full feature printer software using this link: https://hp.care/2D2CCtS

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, try running HP print and scan doctor on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP print and scan doctor.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I Have completed al steps , I was changing print cart on Officejet 8600 and then new cart created error that print cart damaged, have same printer in other office, switched out cart they work fine on that printer ????

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.