Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have try to print but queue for print say always "error" when i try to print anything from pc, i can easy print by my smartphone.I have windows 10 build 18362, i can print before this update, i tryied to use others versions drivers but it do not work anyway, these drivers need an update. I have tryied to use drivers from hp store updated in 24 apr 2017, and i have tryied automatic drivers from windows (update), but no one work. (also i have tryied drivers for windows 8 in windows 10). I remember on first release of windows 10 ( someone of first release) i can print with windows 10 drivers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i have installed manually this driver unpacking installation folder "HPWia_EN4520.inf" ( i tryied windows 8 version) and now i have 2 drivers, this last one have colour settings. Wrong driver is that on local net installation. Now i can print, and choose black/white and colour, i have to choose not local net for print ( not that finded automatically), in picture is named HP ENVY 4520 series (that where in settings i can choose colours)2nd.png2nd try.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@framac89

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the issue persists, let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

software work but in windows printers and device in hp envy 4520 show "drivers not available", i deleted all previous drivers and downloaded officials following the instructionsimg.png

HP Recommended

@framac89

Did you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor which helps to fix any driver related issues on the PC?

Try installing the freshly downloaded Full featured driver in Compatibility mode for Win 7 and check if that helps.

Once the driver is downloaded, which would appear as Envy4520_.exe, Right click on the install package, go to properties, Compatibility tab, put a check in the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for: then in the dropdown box, select Windows 7 and hit apply/OK. Then run the package. 

Note: Uninstall the previously installed drivers before re-installing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

windows 10 drivers errors, colours settings are mission in control panel, and printing show an error, also i can't select colour print or black/whitemissing settings.pngprinting.pngblackwhite.png

HP Recommended

i have installed manually this driver unpacking installation folder "HPWia_EN4520.inf" ( i tryied windows 8 version) and now i have 2 drivers, this last one have colour settings. Wrong driver is that on local net installation. Now i can print, and choose black/white and colour, i have to choose not local net for print ( not that finded automatically), in picture is named HP ENVY 4520 series (that where in settings i can choose colours)2nd.png2nd try.png

HP Recommended

additional information: i deleted previous drivers, and selected "printed is not in the list", then add drivers manually, new port tcp/ip ( in the router setting i have hold my printer ip), i have insert my printer ip, then i have choose driver file "HPWia_EN4520.inf"

HP Recommended

@framac89

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.