Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to print a single check off an hp5740. The print wont take a single check.  A 3 or even a 2 check per page works find. But not a single.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Makash126, Thanks for getting back to us.

I understand you have issues printing a single cheque from the printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing the cheque from a different application?

Are you trying to print cheques using QuickBooks?

You need to use a third party software to print checks from the printer.

I am not trained on 3rd Party Software but I did across these steps that you can try:

Don't change Paper Types or Sizes at the printer. The QB program manages all of this.

Leave your printer set to Regular paper. That is what the Check stock is = regular sized paper.

You set QB, in File menu > Printer Setup, Checks/Paychecks. Select the paper check stock you bought. 

If you are using either of the Multi-check per page options:

Set the Partial Page, such as "single check to the side" or "single check in the center" to match your Envelope Feeder. But you are not printing Envelopes, so change NOTHING at the printer. It is just a Position setting.

And of course, a short page might be One check or Two Checks, so:

When you print checks, every time, you still Confirm if this round is a full page or partial page, and if partial page then how many on the first page, and confirm that this first "short page" is being fed correctly per that setting. Confirm this when using Print, specifically, not from Printer Setup but from that Print dialog, each time.

Refer the third party video instructions to know more information about printing cheques. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.