Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After updating the hp officejet pro 8210 printer, it gives an update error. The printer does not see the computer and is not reset to factory settings. what can you do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Murzin94 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're encountering update errors with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 printer, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Turn off both your printer and computer, wait for a few minutes, and then turn them back on.
  • Check Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer via USB cable or network connection (Ethernet or Wi-Fi). If using Wi-Fi, make sure the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
  • Update Printer Firmware Manually: If the automatic update is failing, you can try updating the printer firmware manually. Visit the HP support website, search for your printer model, and download the latest firmware update file. Follow the instructions provided by HP to manually update the firmware. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer: You can try resetting the printer to its factory settings. This can often resolve various issues. The method to reset the printer varies depending on the model. Refer to the printer's manual or HP's support website for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
  • Check Printer Status Lights: Check the status lights on the printer for any error indicators. Refer to the printer's manual for information on what the different light patterns mean and how to troubleshoot them.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with communication between the printer and computer. You can download the latest drivers from the HP support website. Software and Drivers for HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Printer series

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Printer series User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon, unfortunately your methods do not produce results. Resetting to factory settings is not possible, the printer does not respond to LAN or USB. What other method would you recommend?

HP Recommended

Hi @Murzin94,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.