Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I also need the details to unlock this mystery.

HP Recommended

I also need help with updating the firmware on this model.

HP Recommended

I know this isn't a perfect solution, but if you google "How to Install macOS High Sierra on VMware on Windows 10" you will then be able to connect the printer via USB to the VM and update through macOS.  It worked for me flawlessly.  Best of luck.

HP Recommended

Went ahead and installed the macOS Sierra based on the above advice, all smooth. My Web Apps are working again. As mentioned, it's the only solution right now as ugly as it sounds. 

HP Recommended

Thanks! Update my print  with HighSierra @VMware 😉 

HP Recommended

So the only way to update the firmware is installing mac os in a virtual machine? how dumb is that? thats a lot of work. 

Isnt there any other solution?

i just tried it on my windows laptop. it showed some progress being done but afterwards its still the same old firmware version.

HP Recommended

@unclechicken you are wasting your time with Windows machine. We are all mad at HP, and the tech support have turned a blind eye on us. I just used a MacOS Sierra ( anything less than 10.15 will work ). And the firmware upgrade went smoothly. The VMware is free for non-commercial use, and there are tons of tutorials available how to get it done. Good luck and never buy another HP product, speak with your wallet next time! 

HP Recommended

Tried running a VM with Windows 8.1

Firmware update did not work.

Same as before, wasted time showing progress bar and doing nothing.

I am using a Mac (no Windows machines available here) and the FW updater does not show on the HP Support downloads page.

Changing the OS selection in the page allowed me to download the files, but they do not work on El Capitan or Catalina.

Tried to run a VM with High-Sierra or Mojave, but Apple App Store is not letting me download old versions of macOS.

You know, when it rains, it pours.

HP Recommended

The advice to use a OSX VMware machine is meant for people using a native Windows machine. The windows firmware updater is broken.

You should not need to run a virtual machine at all since you are using a Mac. The OSX updater should work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.