Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear HP Team, 

Could you please share the PCL6 driver for M283fdw? Not a useless software that in 90% cases usually not works as it does, but the driver in driver format such as pcl6, inf. 

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello jaggg1223,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are looking for help with setting up your Printer on the network and via USB.

Please follow the steps below to connect your printer to the network and USB as it can work with both.

1) Uninstall the HP smart app by click on this link , Restart the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.

2) Enable Wi-Fi setup mode: When you turn on your printer for the first time, it is temporarily placed in Wi-Fi setup mode so that it can be discovered during setup. Use the printer control panel to restore Wi-Fi setup mode, and then set up the printer again. Go to  Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer  for more information.

3) Refer to this  link to use the HP smart app on your phone/tablet/PC to add a printer.

Note: Enable Bluetooth for an HP Smart app setup: Enable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.

4) Refer to this link to add the printer using a USB cable to one of your device, that way you will have one of your device connected via USB to print if the network goes down.

Please click "Accepted Solution" if you think my post solved your problem,

this will help others find the solution.

Click “Congratulations / Thumbs Up” at the bottom right to say “Thank you” for my help!

Take care of yourself and have a good day.

Regards,

Bernard42.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.