Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Where can I send / take my printer to be physically repaired?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You did not state what kind of printer you have.

Usually Deskjet printers  cost more to repair than to replace.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

To Enrico. My printer is a Hp Smart tank 7300. Only a few years old. Not sure if it is a “desk jet” printer or not

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.

I have been unable to locate a straightforward answer on the type of printer an ink tank printer is as compared to an inkjet printer.  Ink tank printers  still use essentially the same printhead ink delivery technology, only differing in where the ink is stored and refilled and the location of the printhead.

As pricey as that one was, I would want it repaired as well.

If out of warranty, you can have it repaired at an HP authorized printer repair service near you. 

Can you elaborate on what you meant by "My printer driver mechanism is broken"?

Do you mean that something is physically broken or that you need the driver software package to reinstall?

The support portal for your HP Smart Tank 7300 printer

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/details/hp-smart-tank-7300-series/2100178736

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.