Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2734e All-in-One Printer

Trying to attach another laptop to my printer.  I have a HP Deskjet printer 2700e, but when I entered in the serial number, 2734e came up instead of 2700e.  Can this be why I can't attach a driver. Also, I have to use a cord, reception is poor where I live.   Help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JeanC29,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a few issues connecting your HP Deskjet 2700e printer to your new laptop using a USB cord. Here are some steps to help resolve the issue:

Check the Printer Model and Serial Number:

• Double-check the printer model and serial number. Sometimes, incorrect model numbers can lead to downloading the wrong drivers, which could be why you saw "2734e" instead of "2700e."

Download the Correct Driver:

• Visit the official HP website to download the correct drivers for your HP Deskjet 2700e printer. Make sure to enter the correct model number in the search bar.
  • You can find the drivers by visiting this link: HP Deskjet 2700e Drivers. Just enter your printer model ("Deskjet 2700e") in the search field.

Connect Using USB:

• Make sure you are using a functional USB cable. If you're unsure whether the cable is working, try using it with another device, or try a different cable.
  • Connect the USB cable to both your printer and your laptop. Ensure that the connections are secure on both ends.

Install the Driver:

• Once you have downloaded the driver, run the installer on your laptop. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  • If the driver installation prompts you to choose a connection type, select "USB."

Set as Default Printer:

• After the printer is installed, go to your laptop's control panel, navigate to 'Devices and Printers', right-click your HP printer, and set it as the default printer.

Test the Printer:

• Try printing a test page to ensure that the printer is working correctly with your laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.