Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C410a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am encountering the 'Quick Forms' menu loop error and requesting factory reset instructions.

I have completed the power-on, disconnect from computer, un-install print cartridge, wait for message, unplug power, disconnect power from wall, wait 1 minute, etc.. instructions but this has not solved the issue.

Thanks,

Dev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was not able to get your steps to provide resolution but did find the following on another thread which helped

Partial Reset
The partial reset only refreshes the printer into a responsive state and does not delete any setting from your printer. This type of reset fixes printer issues such as an unresponsive printer. Wireless issues, cartridge mismatch and errors and more. I would recommend starting from this type of reset first then if it does not work, try proceeding to a higher type of reset. To to this all you have to do is:

- Turn ON the printer.
- While the printer is ON. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Wait for 10 seconds.

Press and hold the “#” and “3” keys on the printer keypads while plugging the power cord back into the back of the printer (you may need to press the power button if it does not turn on automatically but still hold down other keys).
Wait for 10 seconds before releasing both keys.
Your printer should now start to reset.

Semi-Full Reset:
The semi-full reset fixes a lot of issues. However it removes all the setting on your printer and you need to re-enter all your settings like printer language, wireless setting, etc.. back into the printer once the reset is complete. To do this all you have to do it follow the same process in doing a partial reset but pressing the “#” and “6” keys instead.

Full Reset:
Doing a full reset is not really recommended. This is only applicable when all troubleshooting steps has been exhausted. To do this, all you need to is use the “#” and “9” keys with the same process as the the partial reset.

Thanks,

Devon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Devonator1993

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was not able to get your steps to provide resolution but did find the following on another thread which helped

Partial Reset
The partial reset only refreshes the printer into a responsive state and does not delete any setting from your printer. This type of reset fixes printer issues such as an unresponsive printer. Wireless issues, cartridge mismatch and errors and more. I would recommend starting from this type of reset first then if it does not work, try proceeding to a higher type of reset. To to this all you have to do is:

- Turn ON the printer.
- While the printer is ON. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Wait for 10 seconds.

Press and hold the “#” and “3” keys on the printer keypads while plugging the power cord back into the back of the printer (you may need to press the power button if it does not turn on automatically but still hold down other keys).
Wait for 10 seconds before releasing both keys.
Your printer should now start to reset.

Semi-Full Reset:
The semi-full reset fixes a lot of issues. However it removes all the setting on your printer and you need to re-enter all your settings like printer language, wireless setting, etc.. back into the printer once the reset is complete. To do this all you have to do it follow the same process in doing a partial reset but pressing the “#” and “6” keys instead.

Full Reset:
Doing a full reset is not really recommended. This is only applicable when all troubleshooting steps has been exhausted. To do this, all you need to is use the “#” and “9” keys with the same process as the the partial reset.

Thanks,

Devon

HP Recommended

@Devonator1993

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.