Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I receive the auto-update message which I accepted and upgraded the print/scan doctor to v5.2.  Now it doesn't work!  It identifies the printer and communicates with it but then goes right back to the "connect" screen.  It does not move on to fix printing or fix scanning like it used to do.  Thus, I'm dead in the water - can't scan but thankfully, can print.  HELP, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@krazytoo100

Welcome to HP support community.

Uninstall the print and scan doctor.

You simply delete the HP PSDR from your file location. so, right click on HP PSDR icon and select "open file location". Delete the HP PSDR folder to remove the program completely from your computer.

Download and install PSDR again

Click here and refer the HP document for the steps to download and use PSDR.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.