Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw

Hello

My printer (HP M479 fdw) recently asked to do an update and after the reboot it never came back up again. It is currently stuck on the touch screen saying "Updating 00". Ive left it for an hour but still no change. I eventually tried rebooting but still the same issue. I assume the firmware update went wrong and is now stuck. I need to factory reset this printer, but I have no access to the menu, because the touch screen cannot get past "Updating 00" menu. When trying to connect via IP address I just get sent to a webpage saying "Welcome to nginx".

Is there a way to do a factory reset or firmware restore via USB? Is there a procedure to do on the touch screen to get to the pre boot menu?

I tried using the Firmware Update Utility, but it is not detecting the printer even though I am able to ping the IP of this printer successfully. We have two of these printers and FUU is detecting the other printer, so the network is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.