Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can’t seem to connect my HP 8620 printer to my WiFi network wirelessly.

The error message I receive indicates, No filtering failed.

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tom2441,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're encountering an issue with connecting your HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer to your Wi-Fi network. The error message "No filtering failed" typically suggests that the printer is having trouble connecting to the network due to security settings or network configuration.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check Network Settings: Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is functioning properly and that other devices can connect to it without any issues.
  • Restart Devices: Turn off both your printer and your Wi-Fi router, then turn them back on after a minute or so. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Wi-Fi Signal: Ensure that your printer is within range of your Wi-Fi router and that there are no obstructions blocking the signal.
  • Verify Network Credentials: Double-check the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password you're entering on the printer to ensure they're correct. Typos or incorrect credentials can prevent the printer from connecting.
  • Disable MAC Address Filtering: If your Wi-Fi network has MAC address filtering enabled, temporarily disable it to see if the printer can connect. You can re-enable it after the printer is successfully connected.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually update the firmware through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP support website. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your printer to restore it to its default settings. Keep in mind that this will erase any custom settings you've configured on the printer.

Refer to this document: HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer series User manual

click here and follow the troubleshooting steps  Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi connection to an HP printer 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.