Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

We are scanning with LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw and saving to Desktop as PDF. When we try to print the scanned document, it's fuzzy, as though you've photocopied a page which was on colored paper.

If you make a word document and print it, it prints clearly as one would expect.

We have already run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and deleted and reinstalled new software and drivers for this printer.

Printer/scanner is connected to computer via USB.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Feeeet

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

As the other documents are printing fine let's try uninstalling the Adobe and reinstall it.

Step 1: Uninstall and then reinstall the software

Uninstall and reinstall the Adobe software to get the latest version of Adobe Reader.

1. In Windows, search for and open Add or remove programs.

2. In the list of installed programs, click Adobe Reader, and then click Uninstall or Yes.

3. If a User Account Control message displays, click Yes.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal. If the software uninstall process does not start or an error displays while uninstalling, download Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed (in English) from the Microsoft website, and then try uninstalling again.

5. After Adobe Reader uninstalls, close all programs and web browsers, and then restart the computer.

6. Open a web browser, go to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (in English), and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.

Set Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as the default program for viewing pdf files.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control panel, and then click Programs.

2. Click Default Programs, and then click Associate a file type protocol with a program.

The Set associations window displays.

3. Find and select .pdf, and then click Change Program.

4. Click Other Programs, select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the list of results, click OK, and then click Save.

Try printing and check how it goes! Keep me posted,

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you Raj. I have followed all the steps carefully.

When I scan and print now, I get pixelating squares in the background on the paper which I printed.

Any other thoughts?

David

HP Recommended

@Feeeet

Appreciate all your time and efforts,

Update the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-200-color-mfp-m276/5097648/model/5097653/docume... 

Restart the printer.

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-200-color-mfp-m276/509764... to download and install the HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M276 Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.