Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET F4280
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I would need your help when I print my letters are not correct they are as if split I am attaching you a photo. Thank you for your helpHP.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@amlben

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting blurry images while printing, I am glad to assist you.

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

If that copies fine, follow the below steps to fix the issue:-

Check the print settings

1. In the program being used for printing, click File and then click Print.

The Print window appears.

2. Make sure that the appropriate product is selected and then click Preferences or Properties.

The Preferences/Properties window appears.

3. Click the Printing Shortcuts tab.

Consider modifying some or all of the options in the Printing Shortcuts menu to increase print quality.

• Print quality: If the quality of the printouts is not acceptable, try increasing the print quality. To print more quickly, try decreasing the print quality.

• Paper type: If one of the options matches the paper type exactly, select it instead of Automatic.

• Paper size: Make sure that this option matches the paper loaded in the product.

To see additional options, click the Advanced tab and then click Advanced Features.

The Advanced Features window appears. Consider changing the following option:

Ink volume: Adjust the amount of ink that prints on the page. For lighter images (less ink), drag the slider to the left. For darker images (more ink), drag the slider to the right. The lighter the ink volume, the more quickly the printout dries.

Check the image resolution

Make sure that the image file has enough resolution for the size of the printed picture. Although many photo applications can enlarge an image or part of an image to any size, eventually the individual pixels become visible and the whole image looks blurry.

Follow these guidelines for image file resolutions:

• 940 pixels per mm (240 pixels per inch) for images to print on smaller format photo paper, such as 102 x 152 mm (4 x 6 inch)

• 1170 pixels per mm (300 pixels per inch) or higher for larger format photo papers

• Lower resolutions might produce acceptable images when printed on rough-textured paper.

Follow step four in this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.