cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
NYgnat
Level 1
10 15 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Re: HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan

HP Recommended

The simple and down & dirty way to get the original Solution Center to work ONLY if you DID NOT uninstall Flash player. Ready for this one.... It's just this simple:  SET THE DATE on your computer to a date BEFORE 1/12/21, and everything works perfectly. As soon as Solution Center loads you can set your date back to the correct date. Leave Time/Date settings open during the load of Solution Center. Others have already proved this works in Win10 in another thread here. It works FLAWLESSLY in WIN7ULT for me. Of course, the DATE of your scanned file will be that date you just set, so set it back right away. Also, disable any automatic clock-setting software like Dimension4 etc., during this load of Solution Center. You need not change the time, as FLASH only scans the DATE and dies after the date 1/12/21, so we can "get over" on that date now. At least until someone comes up with a hack for Flash's date search. Suggestion to HP, please make a patch such that Solution Center can't "see" the date upon loading, it might mask flash from seeing it too.

Hope this saves some headaches ..   F'Now.

5 REPLIES 5
SlaterSP
6 5 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NYgnat - amazing workaround - tested and works great - thank you !!
This is definitely not the long term fix, but at least allows me to get my scanning done until HP figures out a new HP Solution Center that doesn't use Adobe Flash Player.

0 Kudos
NYgnat
Author
Level 1
10 15 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P.S, Scan Extended really doesn't like WIN7, so the date workaround is the better "fix" all-around for now. Remember that contraction: F'Now. As long as your date is before 1/12/21, Solution Center will load. Just to reiterate, make sure your date is current before you SAVE any scans, as System Date/Time will be put on that saved file.

0 Kudos
Wed92
Level 1
8 9 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I have only canceled "Flash player" and downloaded "HP scan and capture" and now I can scan again.

0 Kudos
Wed92
Level 1
8 9 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I have only canceled "Flash player" and downloaded "HP scan and capture" and now I can scan again.

I found "HP scan and capture" in "Microsoft Store"

0 Kudos
mvpfrank
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THANK YOU!! AMAZING simple fix! Now why couldn't HP come up with a simple fix???

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation