cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
thomasn528
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Re: HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan

HP Recommended

Very, very disappointed in the inadequate scanning apps suggested as workarounds to loss of "HP Solution Center" due to Adobe disabling Flash. The key feature I adored in that scanning software was that HPSC allowed automatic identification of multiple photos on the flatbed to individual image files. Neither "HP Scan and Capture" nor "HP Scan Extended" provide this feature, which is (or was) crucial when scanning archived photos: one sweep of the flatbed could individually capture many photos, as many as fit on the screen, identifying each photo by its edges. Losing this cripples using the scanner to archive large photo collections. Deeply, deeply annoyed that HP couldn't be bothered to update HPSC to work around the "flash" issue, which I'm 99% certain has nothing to do with the function of the software.

UPDATE: I stand corrected.  "HP Scan Extended" provides for multiple photo -> multiple image scans.  The trick is to select Page Size "Auto Detect Size"(as a "Save as JPEG" setting option), as well as "Flatbed" source of course.  Still wish HP would repair/update HPSC rather than suggest new software.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation