Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  I used to use an HP printer, but do not have one now.  HP laptop running Windows 11.  Error is from Windows Update:  hp - Printer - 8.0.1372.8952   Install error - 0x800f020b

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@jlosc

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

Which Laptop do you have?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All I wanted to do was getting rid of useless  HP printer baggage that I plan on never using ever again. HP reminds me of "the cat came back".  The old "once bitten, Twice shy," also says it all. Good-bye, hp.

HP Recommended

14-dq1043sI

HP Recommended

HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook PC (7YL41EA)

HP Recommended

Microsoft SurfacePro 4

Windows 11

HP Recommended

same issue with HP Elitebook x360 1030g2 with W10 fully updated. I managed to get rid of the message by removing all the installed printers (and then re-installing from scratch). Apparently this was due to non-HP printer (not 100% sure though)

regards

Davide

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, Dell G7 17, windows 11

HP Recommended

Same here.

Windows 11 on Acer Extensa 215-52.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.