Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e settings is locked. I don’t know how it happened but I didn’t do it. Can it be reset? Got new WiFi and can’t change it. Help please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TeeDeeTee,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e printer settings have been locked, which can indeed prevent changes to settings such as connecting to a new WiFi network. Typically, this lock is a security feature that might have been enabled accidentally or through a default setting during a firmware update.

Here’s how you can try to reset the settings or disable the lock:

1. Resetting Through the Printer Menu

If the menu access isn't completely locked, you can try resetting the printer settings directly from the printer’s control panel:

1. On the printer's display, go to the Home screen.
  2. Navigate to Setup or the gear icon.
  3. Look for Printer Maintenance or Tools.
  4. Find and select Restore Factory Defaults or Reset option.

2. Using HP Smart App

If the printer’s display doesn’t allow changes because of the lock, you might be able to reset it using the HP Smart app:

1. Download the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device from the official HP website or your device's app store.
  2. Connect to the printer via the app. It might find the printer even if it’s not connected to WiFi.
  3. Look for an option to manage printer settings and search for a reset or restore defaults option.

3. Advanced Reset (If above methods fail)

If the settings are deeply locked:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. While the printer is off, hold down the Cancel button and start the printer.
  3. Keep holding the button until the printer is fully on and check if the settings are reset.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.