Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 3755

I've tried to hook it up many times and it will not connect to my new computer it not an old printer I just bought it within the last 6-7 months ??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jennalostnconfu We'll need to know which OS you've got on the device you are connecting the printer to? 

And also, if you are referring to WiFi-Direct or a wireless network? please elaborate and in the meantime, try the below steps:

• First, try power cycling your wireless router, printer and computer.
  • Is the printer connected to your network? Узнать Меньше

• Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel to confirm. On many printers pressing the wireless button allows direct access to this report. Consult your manual for instructions.
    • On the report check the following:
      1. In the Diagnostic Results “Connectivity” area, is Connected indicated as PASS? If not, your printer is not connected to any network at this time. Ensure your wireless router is turned on and functioning properly. You may need to connect your printer to your network again. Follow these instructions.
      2. Check any messages at the top of the report that can help you correct the problem, and follow the instructions indicated.
      3. In the "Current Configuration" section, is the Network Name (SSID) your network name indicated? If your printer is not connected or not connected to your network, you will need to reconnect the printer to your network. Follow these instructions.
  • Have you installed the printer software yet? If not, follow these instructions.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.