Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6000 E609N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got the latest XFI xfinity Gateway/router (Technicolor) and the E609N printer will not accept an IP address from router. No wifi. The old router was a motorola Arris  and it would send out an IP 192.168.1.XX but the new router sends out IP's 10.0.0.2-250 or so. Is there a chance their may be a fixed IP address stuck in the printer memory not allowing the new random IP being accepted by the printer? If so, Is there a way to access the internal HP menu (on screen) to release the printer  to accept the new random generated address

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Timboni

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  I understand you are trying to connect the printer to the new wireless router. I'd be happy to assist you.

Restore the network settings

Press and hold the Wireless button, press the Resume button three times, and release the Wireless button.

Once done, the blue light on the printer should blink.

Now, connect the printer to the wireless router using the WPS method.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried this fix and nogo, blue network light never blinked just solid light, so therefore stopped the fix. I know that this printer hooked up with older xfinity router (192.168.xx.xx)IP settings for new gateway begin with IP 10.0.0.2-236 and the E609N cant seem to log into router. I could still have a fixed IP address which I used several years ago,but I thought I went back to auto IP addresses. Is there anyway to get into the internal HP menu to make sure there are no fixed IP addresses locked in, not allowing new random IP addresses being generated?

Tim

HP Recommended

@Timboni

Restoring the network settings on the printer will delete the static IP address if any assigned to the printer.

Try the steps again, if no go, then use the WPS method to connect the printer.

If the issue persists, you may connect the printer to the PC using a USB cable and then convert it into wireless.

For more info, kindly refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still cannot communicate with printer. When I hook up usb cable from laptop to printer ,after network checking finished, got the message that the printer wasn't installed ,couldn't find driver. Prints fine over wired USB. Blue network light is glowing solid.I tried the WPS clearing by holding blue networking button down and pressing continue button 3 times and I never get a blinking network light (ready for wps pairing) .Can you elaborate about wps procedure again in detail?

Tim

HP Recommended

Another piece of this puzzle is the error message given after a failed install.....when doing the network check following install process :Error: " The specified service does not exist as an installed service." Then when I went to uninstall/reinstall, what I had just installed via Apps & programs (win 10) and also Revo uninstaller, there wasn't any record that the Officejet 6000 E609N ever been installed just the bloatware that comes with the HP download package from HP website, was installed. This printer worked with win 10 last year, maybe some win 10 update is preventing the driver and E609N software from being loaded. I've tried the install on 2 different win 10 laptops and a win 10 desktop and the same result. Any Ideas?

Tim

HP Recommended

@Timboni

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.