Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 179fwg

The digit input field stops responding. I can no longer enter fax numbers manually. 

Thanks for help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @stbx,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the digit input field on your HP Color Laser MFP 179fwg. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem.

• Restart the printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Turn on the printer and check if the digit input field is working again.
  • Update firmware: Visit the HP Support website and search for the latest firmware for your printer model. If a firmware update is available, follow the instructions provided to update the printer's firmware. Sometimes, firmware updates can address known issues and improve the performance of the device.
  • Check for software updates: Ensure that you have the latest drivers and software installed for your printer. Visit the HP Support website, enter your printer model, and download any available updates for the printer's software. Installing the latest software can often resolve compatibility issues and improve functionality.
  • Perform a factory reset: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you can try performing a factory reset on the printer. Keep in mind that a factory reset will erase any custom settings and configurations you have set on the printer. Refer to the printer's user manual or the HP Support website for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

nothing of your list helped - but by replacing a new router-   now the fax is working fine

so I suggest you should ad this to your list.  

take care

HP Recommended

Hi @stbx 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing fax connectivity issues.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.