Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
office jet 250

Looking for help performing  a factory reset on my officejet 250 

I have done the partial hard reset several times.

Besides burning through a lot of paper redoing the setup, I still can't get the embedded web server password to reset.

cant seem to find a way to do a full factory reset.

Thank you,

Paul

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Paulwiedemann

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Once it's done you need to connect the printer back to the network.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded the firmware on my OJ 250 and I then lost the use of the screen. How can I do a hard reset without being able to access the screen on the printer. I then hope that doing a factory reset, it will correct the issue and I then have use of the screen again

HP Recommended

@GarriganW

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, and press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have tried all as you suggested, including removing the battery fro9m the printer. Nothing changes. I have used HP Doctor & Scan programme and the programme comes  up with an error, that the scan software can not talk to the printer. I have lost the use of the display panel on the printer. This happened when I did a firmware update.  So I want to try and reset the firmware back to the original firmware, [when everything worked] and see if that fixes the issue.  The issue being that I have lost the use of the display panel on the printer.  Hope you can help.

HP Recommended

My screen is blank. Any other way to do a reset? 

HP Recommended

@KenS1959

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

Which Printer do you have?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Office Jet 250 Mobile All in One 

HP Recommended

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Also, try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.