Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
laptop
Other

I have the direct co hp deskjet 2622.  Please help me  i  have read the guide and can not find answers.

1.   my Direct Co hp DeskJet 26 22 shows up on my laptop networks.  I hate this!  Whether it is secured or not. How to remove it?

2.  I would still like to print from my laptop wireless without it being listed under my networks.

3.  If this is not possible, how can I hook this printer up to my desktop pc to just use it there.  What cord would I use and would I connect it to my printer or router?   

4.  Is there a way to connect my printer without having to have an online account that will compromise my security.  I don't like that.  It is up and running now, but connects to hp direct. I could care less how much ink is available.  When it runs out, I will know.  Thanks for helping this old man with these issues.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Confusedandtire,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is showing up in your wireless network and you want to connect the printer to your laptop without compromising on the security.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Looks like you have turned on the wireless direct option on the printer and that is the reason why the printer is showing up in the wireless network list.

Follow the below steps turn off wireless direct option on the printer.

1. Connect your computer or mobile device to the printer with Wi-Fi Direct.

2. In an Internet browser address bar, type 192.168.223.1, and then press the Enter key or click or tap the Search icon.

Wi-Fi Direct IP address entered into the Chrome address bar

3. If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the EWS.

4. Click or tap Network, click Wi-Fi Direct, and then click or tap Status.

A message displays that you are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled page. Click or tap OK or Redirect to HTTPS. If a Your connection is not private message displays, click or tap Advanced, and then click or tap Proceed to [Printer IP address].

Opening the Wi-Fi Direct status details

5. On the Wi-Fi Direct Status screen, click on the status drop-down and select off and then click or tap Apply.

Changing Wi-Fi Direct settings

If you print only from a single computer then you can set up the printer using the USB cable. Follow the steps in the below article to set up the printer using USB.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167792...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.