Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy Photo 7855. Worked great for the first month, mainly used for printing and scanning my sons school work. Suddenly stopped printing and scanning and it says it is offline on the hp smart app. Used to be I could just turn it off then on and it would reconnect but not any more. I have removed and reinstalled many times. Worked a couple of times but now the smart app can't even find my printer. No diagnostics or anything will work because nothing shows my printer exists even though they are on the same wireless network. Driving me crazy!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @burnsyb,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?
  2.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  3. Is your printer connected to a home or a public network?
  4. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?
  5. Is there antivirus software installed on your computer?

6. What is the distance between the router and the printer?

Let me know!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. The HP ENVY worked fine for about a month, now it keeps going "offline". I've run the HP Print and Scan Diagnostic program multiple times. It says it fixed a problem, the printer works once or twice, and then it goes offline again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, and it worked for a couple hours and went offline again.  Now it's not just  when it is printing that it's a problem. Yesterday I was just making a copy and it stopped right in the middle of the page and just froze. I had to turn it off and back on to get it to release the page from the document feeder. To answer your questions:

1. I'm using it with a Windows 10 ver 2004 system.

2. From the network settings print out from the printer, it appears that my router has both 5G and 2.4G capability. The printer network report says it is connected to the 5G .

3. It's a home network

4. The wireless light on the printer is on and solid. I've never seen it blinking except when first turned on.

5. Using the built in Windows Defender for antivirus.

6. The router is @ 20 - 25ft away. It's always been there and I haven't had any problems with any other of our devices connecting to it in our home office, or anywhere else in the house.

I hope you can help. I'm am getting extremely frustrated with it. I have a project that needs to be done this week and every time I try to print or scan I spend an inordinate amount of time just trying to get the printer to operate. I've not had this kind of problem with any of our previous printers, with included 2 HPs and an Epson. 

HP Recommended

Hi @KyGirl57,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.