Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 2600 series
Other

My wife's computer has Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1. I need to download a driver for the Photosmart 2600 series printer. My printer does not work with that OS.

40 REPLIES 40
HP Recommended

@DJfog

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for a printer driver for Mac OS 11.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

There are no drivers for Mac OS 11 for your printer. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks but my printer LaserjetP1102w isn't on that list.
as an HP employee, are you aware of ANY plans to support older printers? The printer has always worked well and I don't want to toss it because of a software upgrade. Surprising that the company would leave so many customers hanging. 

HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation with my Officejet 4215.  I've spoken to Apple support, but after several attempted solutions, they suggested I speak to HP.  I can't find anyone to speak to at HP.  Their Virtual Assistant is less than helpful.  And to add to my frustration, when I open this window, there is a pop-up that says:

Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or installing - Click Here.

But when I click on the solution, I get a page declaring:

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I understand that the problem didn't start with HP, but I'm also dismayed to see so many users abandoned. 

I'll keep checking, in case anyone finds a solution.

HP Recommended

exactly what i've gone thru, less the conversations with apple support. my printer is out of warranty and the support options that do exist don't help my situation at all. I hope they come up with some solution that doesn't require buying a new printer.

HP Recommended

same here, two different printers hp Officejet j4580 and LaserJet 1102w, both not working with the iMac big sur.

Apple suggest hp support bla bla...so now waiting for an update from apple maybe able to solve the issue that i'm sure involve other printers brand. 🙉  

HP Recommended

problem solved in the apple community.

download this hp software from apple

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

HP Recommended

I appreciate the effort but this fix didn't work.  I downloaded this driver package (for the third time) without fixing the problem.  Now computer is not communicating with the printer at all.

Has anyone else had this problem?

HP Recommended

For real???

HP Recommended

sorry to hear that but for me works fine...maybe different printers...🤔...I wouldn't know...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.