Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Sorry, I duplicated my answer. 

HP Recommended

How about if HP takes a moment to UPDATE THE **bleep** SECURITY CERTIFICATE so its customers won't have to waste valuable time dealing with this "issue"? Why do consumers have to fix HP's mistake? Not cool.

HP Recommended

Maybe HP should update the security certificate so consumers don't have to take time to fix an issue caused by HP's incompetence?

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone ... thanks for your comments. I have an update for you. 

I got a call from HP support to advise that:

1) even though the solution I have applied is working, it is not a permanent solution. HP is continuing to work the issue with Apple and HP is expecting to update the printer software. I suppose it's possible that Apple will need to do an update as well. 

2) the issue was a result of an Apple update to Catalina. I have to take that at face value even though some of you have commented that the HP security certificate is the issue. 

About a year ago, there was another issue that caused the HP printer software not to work properly. In that case, I had to use a workaround (using Apples "Image Capture" application) for about 4 months which didn't have the same level of functionality. Then the issue was resolved by an Apple update which restored the HP functionality. So in comparison to that, getting a resolution that (at this point) is working is a vast improvement from a year ago. That said, I agree with the comments that HP (or is it also Apple?) should address these issues before they become issues so their customers don't need to spend significant effort. I've spent probably 4-5 hours on this issue (so far). How many other customers have had to do that? 

HP Recommended

Spent an age with Apple recently too and they say they think the printer needs new Firmware. Does anyone know if that's true and how I can install firmware?

HP Recommended

Hi timRB ... see my comments above ... HP called me to indicate they would likely be updating the printer software in the future. They didn't specifically use the word "firmware" but I think that's what they meant. My understanding is: 

- Firmware = the software on the printer itself.

- Software = the print drivers on the Mac. 

I don't know when or if that's going to happen. 

HP Recommended

I saw this window yesterday and it never disappear, no matter what button I click. If I click in "Show in Finder", it shows different folders each time related to HP printer drivers or something like that, if I click in "OK", window pop up again a few seconds later.

I have seen that this something related about outdated drivers from HP and I suppose I have to wait for an update.

Anyone has the same problem?

HP Recommended

I saw this window yesterday and it never disappear, no matter what button I click. If I click in "Show in Finder", it shows different folders each time related to HP printer drivers or something like that, if I click in "OK", window pop up again a few seconds later.

I have seen that this something related about outdated drivers from HP and I suppose I have to wait for an update.

Anyone has the same problem? MyCCPay Log In

HP Recommended

My printer is working fine. I just want to get rid of the stupid popup alert. It's unconscionable that Apple's alert window won't let you close it, minimize it, or hide it in any way. I don't want to go through all the  steps listed when my printer is working fine and I'm extremely busy. I'm on a Mac Mini (late 2012) running Catalina 10.15.7 and an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. My MacBook Pro crashed on Friday, so this is my alternative until the MacBook is repaired.

HP Recommended

I tried fixing this with HP Easy Start but that app won't open on my MacBook OS Catalina 10.15.7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.