Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MacBookAir
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I recently got a new router and now am having trouble connecting to my wi-fi. The wi-fi light on the printer is blinking, and the screen is dark. Suggestions? I have previoyusly turned off the router and printer, then turned them back on, in the same order. Again, the wi-fi light flashes and the screen is dark, and showing only occasionally. What can I do to get up & running?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@blue2811,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

The blinking WiFi light on the printer indicates that the printer is searching for a WiFi network.

Since you have changed the router, the printer needs to be connected to the new router and then the wireless light would turn solid.

About the display being blank, it looks like the display is not functioning correctly.

Let's try to perform a Power Reset. This may fix the issue.

• Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
  • Turn the printer on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • Check if the control panel/display works on the printer.

If you can see the display, follow these steps to connect the printer to the WiFi network:

• On the printer control panel, touch the icon.
  • Go to Network Set Up > Wireless Settings > Wireless Set Up Wizard
  • Select your new network name.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the network set up.
  • Check the wireless light status. It should turn solid if it gets successfully connected

Once the printer is connected to the network, we have to remove the printer from the MAC and add the printer again.

• Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
  • Click Printers & Scanners or Print & Scan.
  • If your printer is listed, click the name of your printer, then click the minus signhttps://support.hp.com/doc-images/161/c01861703.gif to delete the printer. 
  • Click the plus signhttps://support.hp.com/doc-images/466/c03678294.gif, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer.
  • Click the Use or Print Using menu, then select the name of your printer.

( For printers connected on Wireless select AirPrint or Secure Airprint)

• Try to print again

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.