Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp laserjet 1018
Microsoft Windows 11

I am unable to connect the laser jet 1018 printer with my windows 11 hp omen laptop. Also tried downloading the drivers from the official hp website. still could not view the printer in the connected printer list. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Neha_Omen,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are having trouble connecting your HP LaserJet 1018 printer to your Windows 11 HP Omen laptop, 

here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check Printer Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your laptop via USB cable. Try using a different USB cable or connecting the printer to a different USB port on your laptop to rule out any issues with the connection.
  • Check Printer Power: Make sure that the printer is turned on and has enough paper and toner/ink.
  • Install Latest Drivers: Visit the official HP website and download the latest drivers for the HP LaserJet 1018 printer compatible with Windows 11. Make sure to download the correct drivers for your operating system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).  Software and Drivers for HP LaserJet 1018 Printer
  • Install Drivers Manually: If the drivers didn't install automatically, you might need to install them manually. To do this, go to Device Manager, locate the printer (it might show up as an unknown device), right-click on it, and select "Update driver." Then choose the option to browse your computer for drivers and select the drivers you downloaded from the HP website.
  • Restart Printer Spooler Service: Sometimes restarting the Printer Spooler service can help resolve printing issues. Press Win + R, type "services.msc" (without quotes), press Enter, locate the "Print Spooler" service, right-click on it, and select "Restart."
  • Check Printer Status: Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers and check if the HP LaserJet 1018 printer appears in the list of installed printers. If it's listed, try setting it as the default printer.
  • Try a Different USB Port/Cable: Sometimes, USB ports or cables can be faulty. Try connecting the printer to a different USB port on your laptop or use a different USB cable.
  • Run Printer Troubleshooter: Windows 11 includes a built-in Printer Troubleshooter that can help diagnose and fix common printer problems. To access it, go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Printer > Run the troubleshooter.

Refer to this document:  HP LaserJet 1018 Printer

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239

HP Support

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.