Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Business Inkjet 2800dtn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a New Old Stock HP Business Inkjet 2800dtn to replace my old HP ColorPrinter cp1700 for printing tabloid size (B size = 11x17 inch) graphics.  The machine works and I can print A-size pages but the tabloid output is wrong.  The graphics is shifted off the right side, is cropped to A-size and maybe scaled wrong.  The driver downloaded is the PCL-5 and the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows says it is installed correctly.  What can I do to get tabloid output working properly from Microsoft Office and CorelDraw under Windows 10?

Thank you,

Gary Laroff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can try to manually force instal drivers for CP1700. If CP1700 worked fine than BIJ2800 will probably work fine with the CP1700 drivers.  

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can try to manually force instal drivers for CP1700. If CP1700 worked fine than BIJ2800 will probably work fine with the CP1700 drivers.  

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you, Valsimot.  That worked.  I thought I tried the cp1700 driver, but I tried many things and probably didn't do everything properly.  The driver I chose was the first one under HP and cp1700.  There were two more.  the driver that works and gives me full color and tabloid support does not give me the opportunity to choose paper tray number two or the duplexer.  Do you think one of the other drivers should give me the other functionality or is there another suggestion that might help?

Again, I thank your for rescuing me from this problem.  The new bij2800dtn was quite expensive, but is brand new, and should survive for a long time.

Regards,

Gary Laroff

HP Recommended

If you still have CP1700 installed, check for driver version and use the same version hoping that it will allow you full functionality of BIJ2800 including paper tray selection and duplex.

BIJ2800 is one of my favourite printers, it's good for me that HP doesn't make printers like they used to do I would be unemployed

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.