Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a large number of Temp Files after setting up my wifi printer.

I wondered if anyone might recognise this situation and can advise whether or not I can simply delete Windows 10 Temp Files without impact on my printer settings?

8 files start with 7z and others hp diagnostics. I did propose to copy and paste the list here but cannot get a paste result from using the keyboard as advised.

I hope someone can help as this temp list impacts on my 32GB hard drive, I now have 10GB remaining.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Lion66

Temp files doesn't affect your printer configuration, those temp files can be deleted and you can release more space on your HDD.

I hope solve your doubts, if this solve your doubts let me know it

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Lion66

Temp files doesn't affect your printer configuration, those temp files can be deleted and you can release more space on your HDD.

I hope solve your doubts, if this solve your doubts let me know it

Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

Thanks Alex 921. Very positive advice which I will apply.

HP Recommended

Glad to help you to solve your issue

HP Recommended

I deleted the Hp related temp files, prefixed 7z from Windows 10 %temp% and I now have 11.2GB free on the hard drive.

The HP printer works ok as promised.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.