Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have recently updated my laptop to the latest windows 10 version 1909. After the update, I am unable to connect my phone to the laptop. It displays the error of driver not available. So I went to the HP's driver downloads page and searched for an appropriate driver. But no such drivers are available for the windows 10 version 1909. My question is when will the driver be made available by HP? Or is there any other way to transfer large media files from my android phone to the PC.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Mihir3,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues connecting your phone to the computer after a recent Windows update.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you tested with a different data cable?

Meanwhile, you can transfer files from your phone to the computer using the media transfer option on your phone.

I would also like to inform you that there are no special drivers for the phones from HP and they use the USB drivers. However, you can check on the phone manufacturer website and usually, there will be drivers available for your phone.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not tried with other data cables but I know that it is not the problem with cable as it is the one which was bundled with the phone.

I am hereby attaching the screenshot which shows the problem.

Also I an unable to understand about which USB drivers and the Media Transfer Option you are talking about. So can you elaborate about the same. Or can you provide the detailed steps to do so.

Here is the screenshot which says Driver Unavailable for the phone connected to it. I have connected this phone few months ago and it worked well. But after the feature update for windows 1909 it stated this problem.

The error is shown in the last row below the Mi A3 iconThe error is shown in the last row below the Mi A3 icon

HP Recommended

@Mihir3

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

As per your instructions I executed all the steps, but still the problem exists.Annotation 2020-01-06 180208.jpg

HP Recommended

@Mihir3

I recommend you check on the phone manufacturer website and usually, there will be drivers available for your phone.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I searched for the driver on the manufacturer website but could not find any for my smartphone. I have Xiaomi Mi A3 smartphone. Please help me find the appropriate driver or suggest any other solution.

HP Recommended

@Mihir3 The drivers for your smartphone can only be provided by the manufacturers of the smart phone, hence I suggest you take into consideration the suggestion of the last tech, and contact them (speak to them) on the same, to obtain a solution.

I hope that helps, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.