Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C4450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ran uninstall-install per HP Diagnoses which solved issue of printer not working (error message: paper jam). However with the reinstall no HP software for the printer can be located despite searches. Therefore no control of printer settings. Nor does Windows 10 recognize the printer.
Note: During the uninstall and reinstall there where numerous start overs but there was finally completion. 
HPPSdr.exe does recognize the printer so it's in there somewhere.
I don't want to run the uninstall-reinstall again until some much appreciated guidance for which I thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I post this in case there are future inquiries to this problem.

On January 27, prior to following any of the advised procedures, I did a hefty Windows 10 update. To my surprise the C4450 was now recognized by Windows and even set as my default printer. The only item missing was the Solution Center which I need to scan. A trip to the HP web site to download the Solution Center was successful with the reinstall.

I am most pleased with the HP customer support both here and their web site..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MaxieMinoso 

Edits - Content Removed (Unneeded) - Solution noted from member:  Run Windows Update

The software for this printer is still available.  NOTE:  The software is, at this writing, six years old (at least).  This older version of the printer software may yet work in the latest Windows 10 versions, though at some point, that may not be the case.

Product introduced in mid-2011

Driver - Printer Software - Description and Download

HP Photosmart C4400/C4424 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Photosmart C4450 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The prompt reply is appreciated.

It states "Driver - Printer Software - Description and Download

HP Photosmart C4400/C4424 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver"

Just want to be sure this applies to my printer C4450..... above references C4400/C4424

HP Recommended

@MaxieMinoso 

Yes, this is the correct driver.

Open your printer home page ,

Open Software and Drivers,

check the software.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I post this in case there are future inquiries to this problem.

On January 27, prior to following any of the advised procedures, I did a hefty Windows 10 update. To my surprise the C4450 was now recognized by Windows and even set as my default printer. The only item missing was the Solution Center which I need to scan. A trip to the HP web site to download the Solution Center was successful with the reinstall.

I am most pleased with the HP customer support both here and their web site..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.