Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 8600 Plus Printer Scanner
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Okay so I upgraded my Mac OS to OSX Mojave and found theat my HP scan software no longer functioned.  So I downloaded the latest HP software for MAC OSx 10.14 and was excited to try HP Easy Scan.  What a disappointment!!!  It doesn't even work.  Clicking the Scan button does NOTHING!  The reviews on the Apple App Store are far from stellar.  Does HP not do software testing anymore.??  I expect better.

Oh and because my printer is off warranty, I can't chat with anyone at HP??  Software Support??

Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Exciterfan

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you are not able to scan to your Mac and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Have you selected the printer on HP Easy Scan?

Are you able to print from Mac?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My 8600 is connected to my home network via wired ethernet.  My iMac (OSx 10.14.1) is connected to the network wirelessly.  I can print just fine.  I can scan using Vuescan just fine so it is not a connection issue.  Printer is definately selected in Easy Scan.

Oh, and I can Webscan from the same wirelessly connected iMac.

HP Recommended

@Exciterfan

Thanks! Let's try removing and re-install HP Easy Scan:

1.) Open Finder, click Applications.

2.) Delete the existing HP scanner application by moving it to trash.

3.) Download and install HP Easy Scan from here

Instruction on how to use HP Easy Scan can be found here

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Just so you know, I am an IT Professional and I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Easy Scan 3 times already.  Your  scanning software does not work.  What I find very interestinfg is that you have HP employees on this site recommending Vuescan scanning software instead of your own product.

Surely you have a solution for this issue as I'm not alone in this!!

HP Recommended

@Exciterfan

Could you try scanning using Image Capture and let me know the results. 

Here is how to do it:

1.) On your Mac, open Finder

2.) Click Applications and open Image Capture

3.) Select your printer name under Devices or Shared devices.

Refer to this document for instructions on how to scan using Image Capture.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Image Scan works just fine!!

HP Recommended

@Exciterfan

Is it, could you send me a screen shot of the HP Easy Scan application and the Printers & Scanners windows in System preference.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here you go!!  I can also scan from the System Preferences.  I have no idea what the warning icon means in Easy Scan.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.54.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.52.20 AM.png

HP Recommended

Further to my last reply with the screen shots, which shows that the application sees the scanner, I took a long shot by on clicking on the scanner selection arrows.  The application allowed me to reselect the 8600 scanner and now the application seems happy.Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.03.00 PM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.