Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 5530 printer has recently stopped working fully with Windows 10.  I can still print with it but the scan and copy functions are not working.  I have run Print and Scan Doctor and this never completes as it seems to get in a loop when assessing the driver.  I have tried to download the relevant driver from the HP Support site but it says it can't find any that match my device and operating system.  I have tried deleting and re-installing the printer from scratch, but that doesn't fix the problem either.  Is there a known fault witn this printer and Windows 10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have now spoken to HP direct and they are sending me a new printer - mine was still under warranty.  It looks like there was a problem with the Scan and Copy hardware in my current printer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What do you mean by e scan and copy functions?

While scanning being done from your computer, copying is a stanalone function of the pritner wich irelevant to your PC in any manner..

If you are unable to copy too it may indicate an hardware issue, not much to do with the software...

What exact reponse do you see while copying? any specific error or behaior?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have now spoken to HP direct and they are sending me a new printer - mine was still under warranty.  It looks like there was a problem with the Scan and Copy hardware in my current printer.

HP Recommended

This reply comes MANY months after your original post.  Happy to hear that "a new printer" resolved your issue(s)... if it did.  My issue involves an "older" HP Envy 5530 e-all-in-one device that WAS working well on an older T-series Lenovo running Win7.  Got a new laptop... running Win10.  No problems initially and for many months after the swap.  Sometime in mid-Aug 2017 (approx.) the printer no longer printed... was no longer available.  Multiple msgs re: an older usb composite device not functioning w/ my usb 3.0 ports... devices not installing cuz of policies restricting the use of NT 4.0 drivers... blah, blah, blah.  After much "googling" and frogging-around uninstalling/reinstalling printers, devices, s/w, yada, yada, yada, I was pointed to a Win10 update KB4022725.  Looked thru my updates history, couldn't find it.  DID find that KB4034674 (which was automagically installed on 8/21!!!!!) appears to point to (include?) KB4022725.  I uninstalled KB4034674 and... PRESTO CHANGE-O, my 5530 device works again, both wirelessly (Wireless Direct) and via that same ol' usb cable... which still generates that damned msg re: an older usb composite device, but apparently doesn't impair the function.

I'm not sure what gremlins I've exposed myself to by uninstalling KB4034674, or what "other issues" I may have fixed(!) by this uninstall, but ...

quien sabe!

your mileage may vary!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.