Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830

It was working great until last week, when the display/control screen went dark and did not light up again when it came out of power save mode.  I can still print from my computer and scan using the software on my computer, but I cannot scan from the control screen or make photocopies.  Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

With the power on, unplug the unit from the wall outlet.  Wait 10 mins.  Plug the unit back into the wall outlet not using any power strip or surge protector.  Power the unit on if it does not.  Status now?

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly.  Thank you!!!!

HP Recommended

I tried unplugging it from the surg protecter for 10 min . Then i plugged it back in to the wall as was as descibe in a earlyer post. IT WORKD GREAT!!!!!!

THANKS

HP Recommended

I had the same issues on office 3830 - tech support couldnt help me

unplugged it and plugged back in - worked like a charm

only took 1 minute - and didn't need to plug into the wall in my case

Thanks so much

HP Recommended

This does not help me. When the device goes into sleep mode, the display stays dark.

I own a mac, no windows operating system. All your support docs ask about which windows system I'm using ,which is annoying, because I'm not.

I don't want to unplug the device each time I want to use it.

I don't know how to update the device, and its software

very frustrating, as I bought this within the last year. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.