11-20-2019 02:56 AM
Printer keeps freezing stuck on searching for updates and when doing this does not permit printing. Printer makes a high frequency continuous noise when this happens. I have tried Firmware update by plugging into computer and it keeps failing. Any ideas please? Many thanks in advance
11-22-2019 01:22 PM
@Derbyh, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Let us try to perform some basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Try updating the printer firmware. If the issue persists, we can perform a complete reset on the printer and try again.
The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.
I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee