Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Under Windows 10 with Office 2016 or 365, documents print 1/2" too far down the page. The effect is universal with laptop or desktop, USB or bluetooth, office printer or home printer. No amount of driver re-installation or HP troubleshooting makes any difference. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @pyoung1003,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the documents print 1/2" too far down the page.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here are a few steps for you in the link to create custom paper sizes: Creating Custom Paper Sizes

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I will try tricking the printer into outputting onto a different size paper than the standard 8.5X11 that is actually in the tray.

But that won't help with envelopes, on which the address is printed at least three inches from where it should be.

Why is there no up-to-date driver for this otherwise idelly usable printer?

HP Recommended

Hi! @pyoung1003, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

What application are your using to print from the printer?

Have you tried printing using a different application?

If you are printing from Microsoft Office application try uninstalling and reinstalling the application and check if it helps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

In the program, you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.
Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
Click the Paper/Quality tab.
Click Advanced, if necessary, and then click Paper Size.
Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray, and then click OK. If there are no matching paper sizes, select the size from the list that is closest to the size of the paper loaded in the tray.
Click OK, and then try to print.
   NOTE:
If you are printing envelopes, you might need to change the mail settings of the program you are printing from in addition to adjusting print settings in the driver. For information on changing envelope settings in Microsoft Word, see How do I adjust the envelope settings in Microsoft Word? in the FAQ section of this document.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot paper mismatch issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.