Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 5100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I had updated to a new Windows 10 computer and after I installed the latest drivers from HP for my printer, I found that while I can print regular Composite mode prinouts, I cannot change the mode to seperations, nor specify seperation values — it's all ghosted out. I believe the 'latest driver' is a universal PCL6, and not the PCL5 I have seen some posters remark about (not sure where to find one). I am also connecting to the 5100 to my pc using a USB-to-Parallel adapter if that matters (materials on it said I didn't need a seperate driver for it).

I really need to be able to access/use seperations with my 5100 - any advice?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Monte,

You try uninstall then reinstall with older driver (UPD) for your printer. Ex: version 6.0.0.18449, they are reading at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

You need to uninstall the existing drivers for the printer completely from Windows, try follow these steps:

• Turn off printer.
  • Go to Control panel/Programs and feature, select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control Panel/Devices and printer, select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Click the bottom-left "Start" button on desktop, type "device manager" in the search box and tap "Device Manager" on the menu.
  • Once in "Device manager", click on the "View" tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the "Device manager" list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device uninstall popup, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  • Also, check the entries under "Printer queue" and "Imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to "Drivers" tab, remove any entry there as well.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Run “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe” (or pcl5/ps option).
  • Turn on printer and wait windows know your printer.

Good luck!

dungleviet

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.